Tech Tip: SIX
I wanted to document my daughter turning 6 this past summer, and a few of her favorites. She loves shopkins, playing with her dolls, and watching youtube kids. Her favorite foods are pizza, corndogs, pasta, and chocolate. Her bffs are Tiffany, Ava, Ava, and Lauren…sounds about right for a 6 year old, right?! [smiley face]
I absolutely loved the papers in the Crate Paper 6×6 paper pad, so I created a heart layout using them!
For my technique tip: adding a bit of oomph & dimension to your photo. I don’t know if you can tell from my photos above, but my photo is 3-d; It’s 2 photos in one. I was actually “making lemonade from lemons” with this technique. My printer kept printing ink smudges on the photo, so I reprinted it several times. I didn’t want to waste the photos, so I thought why don’t I create a 3-d photo. I fussy cut out my daughter in one of the photos and attached it to another photo with my favorite thin foam dots for a subtle 3-d effect.
It just adds a little “somethin’ somethin'” to my layout, and I love it!
To create my layout:
- I used a heart punch to punch out a bunch of hearts from the pattern paper in the 6×6 Crate Paper pad.
- I lined them up on a piece of white cardstock and added machine stitching.
- I added my photo with foam dots.
- I added the title using Pinkfresh Studio alphas from the November Hot Cocoa add-on and journaling that I typed up on the computer.
- I embellished with a simple stories word sticker and label sticker with my date. I also added a fancy pants cork sticker.
That’s it! I hope you like my layout! I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!