tech tip by Diana
Today I would like to talk about getting the most out of your pattern paper; with a focus on using both sides, pop dots, and computer journaling. There are many different ways to go about tackling that idea-I decided to cut my paper into two different sized strips to add interest to my back ground.
1. I cut 21 pieces at 1.5″ x .5″ and 15 pieces at 3″ x 3/4″, these were all cut from the same sheet of paper from the Wonderland Kit.
2. I then lined them up to see how I wanted the pieces to look on my background:
3. I then adhered them lightly so that I could sew them down with my sewing machine.
4. To add dimension to my picture I added pop dots. I do five because if the picture is too big it doesn’t have support in the middle:
5. I also added an embellishment BEFORE I added my picture:
6. The last thing I wanted to mention is my journaling. I decided that I wanted it to be underneath my picture so I measured how big a space I needed to fill with my journaling and I typed it up on my computer with the ruler on in my word processing program. I then printed it and slid it right under my picture:
We would love to see what you are creating with your kits, please feel free to share on our Facebook page!