March Challenge: Green With Envy
Are your non-subscriber friends a little envious of the March kit, “Oh Happy Day“? There is so much to love! With St. Patrick’s Day this month, I am especially drawn to the pops of green throughout the papers and embellishments. Our March challenge is called “Green with Envy” and is all about using green on your next layout. Here’s my take on the challenge, featuring the main kit and add-ons:
I pulled a couple of green papers from the Elle’s Studio 6×6 paper pack in the Beautiful Day add-on and placed them on opposite corners of my background patterned paper. I added the blue polka dot (from the main kit) to a third corner. Adding the flower puffy sticker (Beautiful Day add-on) to the center of the page connects all the different patterns together. I built the rest of my page to the right of the flower, leaving the rest as white space.
To add interest to the left side, I used a scoring tool to create an embossed checkerboard pattern.
I love the combo of green, pink and navy blue. The pink and blue keep the green from overpowering the page, and the bit of black and white is a great contrast to all that color.
Are you ready to play along with our “Green with Envy” challenge? Here’s how:
1. Create a traditional or hybrid layout that features the color green in a big way. The “Oh Happy Day” kit is a great place to start, but any materials will do.
2. Post your layout to our Facebook page, a gallery or your personal blog.
3. Leave a comment on this post with a direct link to your layout.
4. Entries will be accepted until Sunday, April 10th, 9:00 pm PDST.
5. The randomly selected winner will be posted on April 11th. A $20.00 gift certificate to Scrapbook Circle could be yours!
Good luck and happy scrapping!