February Technique Challenge: Heart Strings
The Only You kit includes a patterned paper by My Mind’s Eye called “Heart Strings”.
Inspired by this patterned paper, the technique challenge this month is to create a layout featuring a stitched heart. Hand stitching, machine stitching, big hearts, little hearts, or even just “faux” stitching by using the patterned paper – these are all great ways to add some “heart strings” to your next layout. For your inspiration, I asked creative team member Jenni to share with us her take on the challenge:
Jenni used the “Heart Strings” patterned paper like a frame on her layout.
What makes this layout really special, though, is how Jenni strung strings across her background. The thread gives the page amazing texture!
Are you ready to play along? Here’s how:
1. Create a layout featuring stitched hearts. The Only You kit is perfect for the challenge, but any materials will do. Traditional and hybrid layouts only, please.
2. Post your layout to your blog, a gallery, or our Facebook page.
3. Comment below with a direct link to your post.
4. Enter by Wednesday, March 2nd, 9:00 pm Pacific time. The randomly selected winner will be posted on Thursday, March 3rd.
5. If you are a subscriber and/or in the United States, you could win this Simple Stories Life Documented kit! International friends are welcome to play along for a $20.00 credit to the Scrapbook Circle store.
Good luck and happy scrapping!