One of my favorite things about January is the start to a great, new calendar. From wall calendars to desk calendars to super trendy planners, calendars are everywhere in everyday life and all over the scrapbooking world. Included in the January kit, Fresh Start, is a patterned paper by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper that features a year-at-a-glance calendar on one side and month cards on the other. Our first trend challenge of the year is to embrace the calendar hype and make it the focus of a layout. I asked creative team member Jenni to share with us her take on the challenge:
Naturally, a birthday theme is perfectly suited to calendar designs. I love how Jenni used the calendar paper as her background, covering just a few months with photos.
The large 2015 is fantastic! The vellum numbers allow the calendar to show through, but are a great burst of color on the black and white paper.
Ready to play along? Here’s how:
1. Create a layout that plays on the calendar theme. The Fresh Start kit is perfect for the challenge, but any materials will do.
2. Post your layout to your blog, a gallery, or our Facebook page.
3. Comment below with a direct link to your post.
4. Enter by Wednesday, January 20th, 9:00 pm Pacific time. The randomly selected winner will be posted on Thursday, January 21st.
5. If you are a subscriber and/or in the United States, you could win the “Thankful” collection from Elle’s Studio! International friends are welcome to play along for a $20.00 credit to the Scrapbook Circle store.
Good luck and happy scrapping!