10 Things I LOVE about Summer!!!
Today I wanted to share with you a little mini album that I did using some of the cards from the Fancy Pants Rusted Sun papers.
Here are some some simple instructions for this album:
- Begin by cutting 11 4” x 3” cards from double sided patterned paper. NOTE: I chose to do a separate cover card with no “number” on the back. You may want to do only 10 cards.
- Cut white or cream cardstock into eleven, 3.5”x 2.5” pieces. Ink the edges or outline with colored markers if desired. Glue each piece of cardstock to the back of each patterned paper card.
- Using the Jillibean Soup “Spring Onions” paper with the numbers, cut out the numbers 1-10. Trim one edge of each number to make it flush with the edge of the card. Attach the numbers to the cardstock side of the cards on random edges of the card.
- Do your journaling! I decided to write down my ten favorite things about summer. I chose not to include any photos because of the size of the cards and I didn’t have a photo for every item. If you want to include photos, you could add extra cards or add photos to the front of each card.
- Lastly, deocrate the front of each card with bits and pieces from the August Kit! On the cover, I even used the two crocheted flowers and attached them right on the album ring and then tied a few lengths of baker’s twine on.
What I love about this project was that I didn’t have any photos. I just wanted it to be a little reminder of the things I love most about summer, so that when I am cooped up in the house in January and February, I can open up the album and dream of summer!